Everyone is telling us to take responsibility for our own health. We hear it on TV and read it in magazines. Prevention is the message of the day.
Unfortunately, family caregivers as a rule do not always do a good job of taking care of themselves. We are always putting our loved one’s health and well being first. After that there is not much time or energy left for ourselves.
The research is clear! The extreme stress that many family caregivers experience has been shown to affect our immune systems making us more prone to chronic illnesses ourselves. It can cause premature aging and in some cases result in premature death.
- If you are run down, tiring more than usual, will you be able to provide good care?
- If you have a cold or the flu, will your loved one catch it from you?
- If you become depressed will you be able to make good decisions, will life become unbearable?
- If you are not well, who will fill your shoes, whether temporarily or permanently?
These are not questions to be taken lightly. Your own good health is the best present you can provide to the person you care for.
As caregivers it is important we recognize and not ignore the physical and emotional symptoms which may impact our own health and well being. We need to guard against caregiver burnout and avoid becoming overly tired and exhausted which can reduce our own body’s ability to ward off illness.
It is important to remember to create balance between caring for others and caring for ourselves. But how? You begin by believing – truly believing – that protecting your health is an absolutely critical thing to do for yourself and your loved one. You may not be able to do this easily, especially if guilt tends to get in your way; but, it is vital that you try.
- Take a daily vitamin supplement
- Get exercise — make it a priority for both your mental and physical well-being.
- Get regular check-ups and do not ignore possible symptoms of ill health.
- Take a break from caregiving – respite time is crucial.
- Get a flu shot – more information here
- Watch for signs of depression – more information here
- Stay involved in hobbies
- Laugh with a friend
I wanted to clarify that these recommendations are posted on behalf of the National Family Caregivers Association, for which I am a volunteer. For more information, see www.thefamilycaregiver.orgReplyDelete
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بمكةReplyDelete
شركة تنظيف فلل بمكة
شركة تنظيف واجهات حجر بمكة
شركة تنظيف بمكة
شركة تنظيف شقق بمكة
شركة تنظيف بيوت بمكة
شركة جلي بلاط بمكة
شركة تنظيف مسابح بمكة
شركة تنظيف خزانات بمكة
شركة عزل خزانات بمكة
شركة تنظيف خزانات بمكة
شركة تسليك مجارى بمكة
شركة تنظيف موكيت بمكة
شركة تنظيف منازل بمكة
شركة رش مبيدات بمكة
شركة تنظيف واجهات زجاج بمكة
شركة تنظيف مجالس بمكة
شركة تنظيف بيوت شعر بمكة
شركة شفط بيارات بمكة
شركة عزل اسطح بمكة
شركة تنظيف فنادق بمكة
شركة تنظيف كنب بالرياض
شركة مكافحة النمل الأبيض بمكة
شركة مكافحة حشرات بمكة
شركة تنظيف مساجد بمكة
By visiting this blog, many insights that can be. thanks for sharing .ReplyDelete
cara menggugurkan kandungan
obat penggugur kandungan
obat telat datang bulan
This is a very good article material and it is very useful for us all. thank you . cara menggugurkan kandunganReplyDelete